Last week, Ranken held a carpentry department reunion, in conjunction with the fall open house on the Ranken campus. Several presentations were made
- The state of Ranken education—given by department head, Bryan Hicklin
- The state of residential construction—as seen by alumnus Brett Randoll (CRP 1994), Project Manager at Riggs Construction
- The state of residential construction—from the viewpoint of construction consumers (business owners) by Dennis Lavallee, President of the St. Louis Council of Construction Consumers.
Each decade of classmates was represented at the reunion held in the carpentry shop. Instructor Albert Konecnik (CRP 1949) and Instructor/Department Head Bill Wagner (CRP 1937) were in attendance. Many who haven't been back to campus since graduation enjoyed seeing the expanded shop and the community homes under construction.
Classmates, Jim Newman (CRP 1979) and Mike Weiss (CRP 1979), still best friends today, came to see their instructor Bill Wagner and enjoyed their return to campus.
(003) Alumnus/Instructor Albert Konecnik (CRP 1949), Alumnus Tom Wood (CRP 1955), and Alumnus/Department Head Bill Wagner (CRP 1937, Department Head 1942-1984) at the Carpentry reunion on October 23, 2010. Tom Wood turned 74 yesterday and Bill Wagner turned 93 earlier this month.
(027) Jim Newman (CRP 1979) and classmate Mike Weiss (CRP 1979) getting reacquainted with their instructor Bill Wagner. Both men continue in the construction trade owning their own businesses. They met and became friends in the carpentry classroom and are still best friends today.